Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Brain tumor surgeries (July 20, 2006)

Been in Bandung last Sunday night and went back to Jakarta last night.

Well, there was earthquake in Jakarta. Thank God, it was a mild one.

I accompanied neurosurgeons for two tumor removal surgeries.

One, on Tueday, was at RS St.B, meningioma, 12 hours of surgery! The longest time I have ever been! The tumor was hard and big, very big. I was very tired, standing, waiting, sitting, feeling hungry, in the cold O.T.

At the same time in Jakarta, Susan accompanied Dr.JS using our 3rd handpiece. He finally used it despite of confusing hospital's arrangement.

Hmm, as long as the patient was helped and neurosurgeons were happy and they plan to purchase my machine, I can put up with it :)

Second was on Wednesday, at RSHS, glioma, in the eye. Patient's right eye was removed. It took 5 hours of surgery.

I took a pic of the eye ball, hehehe. I will downloaded it here later.

glioma (human eye ball)

Wish I took pictures of their MRI, so I can show you how big their tumors were.

I just felt really tired, because I skipped lunch on tuesday and had late lunch on Monday and Wednesday (at 3.30 pm). Also, I had to bring big heavy cases of the equipments.
I'm glad the neuro residents helped me carry them.


And before went home, it's alway a must to buy cakes and breads, LOL.

Dropped by at Kartikasari and Amanda Brownies. Also, bought 1 pair of shoes and 2 pairs of high heels.

No comments: