Friday, October 10, 2008

Meningioma Surgery in Medan (May 16, 2007)

I had been in Medan since May 15, 2007.
Prof. A had another tumor surgery, so I brought Selector with me.
The flight was alright, I used Sriwijaya Air.
This time I went alone. Boss wouldn’t permit Arie to come along, well…it’s OK, I can manage. I’m always the strong girl :)

MAY 15, 2007

The work:

Delivered Selector to hospital and explained to O.R. nurses how to assemble and disassemble the handpiece. It’s important because I won’t have a colleague to help me. I needed them to be my help.


MAY 16, 2007

The work:

Arrived in the hospital at 10 am because the nurse informed me surgery will be at 11 am. Then I found out, schedule has changed, it would be at 1 pm. Waited for 3 hours. Surgery started at 2 pm, finished 5.30 pm.

Meningioma was so big, it was 1/4 of the brain. It was very big, Prof. A used his finger to separate it from the brain. No need to use Selector!

Meningioma

The tumor!

Wow, that was my first experience seeing that kind of procedure.

Hmmm, a request from him: I to stay with Selector because he’d have another tumor surgery on Friday. Oh God! How should I tell Ms. S from MK Hospital? Damn!

Asked my boss’ approval for this. I needed his help to contact Dr.J!

This also meant I had to re-schedule my flight.


For the rest of my trip, read here.

No comments: